Contact Info : Marisol Bonilla Smith (213)446-7104
We are a group of friends that love everything Disney. We use Disneyland Resort as our monthly hangout spot and we all have annual passes. We range in ages from mid-twenties to fifties, but are all kids at heart.
We love to sing Disney song and have a phenomenal whistler in our group.
President Marisol Bonilla Smith
Vice President Carmen Nevarez
Road Captain Tyler Beauchamp
Road First Officer Sam Smith
Sergeant At Arms Derek Pierce
Secretary/Treasurer Karen Pehle
Shadowland Hyenas Club By-Laws
ARTICLE I: NAME & PURPOSE
Section A: Name – The name of this club shall be the Shadowland Hyenas.
Section B: Affiliation – This club is considered a Disney social club and as such any rules and regulations set forth for Disney social clubs shall be followed and override any rules and regulations set forth here.
Section C: Purpose – The purpose of this club is for socialization with fellow Disney friends and family.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP & DUES
Section A: Eligibility – Anyone seeking membership must complete a new member application and meet the following requirements:
• Must be 18 years of age although over 21 years of age is preferred
• Must have been to a Disney park on at least three different days in the last 365 days with a minimum of 3 patched members also in attendance.
Section B: Election – Upon verification of eligibility by the membership committee as defined in Article VII, Section A, new members will be voted on at the club meeting where their application is presented and must pass without objection from any members present at meeting.
Section C: Dues – There are no dues required of members. However, new members must purchase a club jacket and patch upon admittance to club.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers – The officers shall be a President, Vice-President, Road Captain, Road First Officer, Sergeant at Arms, and Secretary/Treasurer.
Section B: Eligibility – Officers must be patched members of the social club and have attended at least 3 meetings during a calendar year.
Section C: Election – The officers shall be elected by ballot at the December club meeting by a majority of the vote cast for that office.
Section D: Term – The officers shall serve for one year and their term of office shall follow the calendar year.
Section E: Vacancy – If a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice-President shall assume the office for the remainder of the term and vacancies in any other office shall be filled by a special election.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President – it shall be the duty of the President to:
• Preside at meetings
• Vote only in case of a tie
• Represent the club
• Appoint committee chairpersons subject to the approval of the Executive Committee
• Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
• Perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office
Section B: Vice-President – It shall be the duty of the Vice-President to:
• Preside in the absence of the President
• Serve as chairperson of the Program Committee
Section C: Road Captain – It shall be the duty of the Road Captain to:
• Research, plan and organize club trips
Section D: Road First Officer – It shall be the duty of the Road First Officer to:
• Assist the Road Captain
• Preside over trip organization in the absence of the Road Captain
Section E: Sergeant at Arms – It shall be the duty of the Sergeant at Arms to:
• Enforce the bylaws and code of conduct of the club
• Ensure orderly conduct of club members at meetings and social events
Section F: Secretary/Treasurer – It shall be the duty of the Secretary/Treasurer to:
• Record the minutes of all meetings
• Keep a file of the club’s records
• Maintain a current roster of membership
• Issue notices of meetings and conduct the general correspondence of the club
• Receive all funds and process Request for Payment, Deposit Slip, and Officer Signature Forms.
• Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures and make reports as directed
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Section A: Meetings – Regular meetings shall be held monthly on the first Sunday of the month at a time and location to be determined.
Section B: Special Meeting – Special meetings may be called by the President with the approval of the Executive Committee.
Section C: Quorum – A quorum shall consist of one-half (1/2) of the membership.
Section D: Parliamentary Authority – Robert’s Rules of Orders, shall govern this club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws.
ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Section A: Responsibility – Management of this club shall be vested in an Executive Committee responsible to the entire membership to uphold these bylaws.
Section B: Membership – This committee shall consist of the officers as listed in Article III.
Section C: Meetings – This committee may meet outside of regular meetings of the club to organize and plan future activities.
ARTICLE VII: COMMITTEES
Section A: Membership Committee – A membership committee composed of at least one Executive Committee member and one other member shall be appointed by the President to establish and oversee membership rules and eligibility as well as to investigate new members as necessary.
Section B: Special Committees – The President shall have the authority to appoint any special committees, with the approval of the Executive Committee, from time to time as need demands.
ARTICLE VIII: CODE OF CONDUCT
Section A: Definition – All members of the club shall adhere to a member code of conduct as outlined in section B and enforced by the Sergeant at Arms.
Section B: Rules – The following Codes of Conduct must be followed by all club members:
1. Act in a respectful manner while wearing club jacket and representing club.
2. Provide assistance to other park guests as warranted. This would include, but not limited to, answering questions, providing directions, taking pictures of guests.
3. Follow all Disney park rules and cooperate with cast members as requested.
4. Help keep the park cleanly by picking up trash left behind by others and disposing of own trash.
5. Represent the club in a positive light when posting on social media.
6. Have fun and enjoy Disney.
Section C: Violations – Violations to the code of conduct should be reported in writing to the Sergeant at Arms for review by the Executive Committee. Three violations within one calendar year will result in disciplinary action up to and including removal from club membership.
ARTICLE IX: AMENDMENTS
Section A: Selection – These bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the club membership.
Section B: Notice – All members shall receive advance notice of the proposed amendment at least five days before the meeting.
ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS:
Yes we are accepting new members, requirements below:
• All new members must fill out an application. Included information would be basic contact info as well as favorite Disney movie, character, and song.
• Must be 18 years of age and 21+ preferred
• Must have been to a Disney park at least three different days in the last 365 calendar days with at least 3 patched members.
• Must be in a financial position to purchase jacket and patchwork at time of application.
• New members must be passed by a 2/3 majority vote by the active membership.